Monday 11 June 2012

Computer Problems

Ah! I finally have my computer again. Wanna know a great story about it?

Well, that day that I first blogged was actually the first day my husband and I bought a brand new laptop just for me. He's a computer guy, so he went through and set it all up, but didn't burn any re-install discs, and rather saved them to the computer and was going to do it later so that I could have access to my laptop right away, the sweet man.

So I went through and customized my background and my theme and set a password, and then logged into my facebook and such, and started a new blog (which is actually the reason we got me my own computer).

Then I shut it all down and went to bed. The next day at lunch time I was overwhelmed with the urge to blog, so I booted it up and... forgot my password.

Here's the catch! I chose a brand new word I've never used before, and thought, "This word is SO easy, I don't even need a hint!" Yeah. No clue what it was. I tried every word I could think of, and had Marc and some friends do the same. No luck. I was so upset. I've always had a bad memory, but this is the pinnacle of anything.

The only thing to do was take it to the computer to a computer shop, and they could either bypass the password, or wipe the computer. A wipe wouldn't bother me, because it was a brand new computer. We just didn't want to pay money and wait around for that. So Marc called up his computer-y friend who dug up some discs that would do the same thing.

They didn't work. At this point, it had been over a week. I just wanted to return it and start over.

Well, I guess Marc wiped the computer, or the computer wiped itself. Something happened. It got wiped. But of course, we didn't have reinstall discs. Marc used his magic computer geinus and made it all work, but it's been two weeks! I'm so grateful for him, and so mad at myself!

So... Let the lesson be... MAKE A HINT! Seriously. I still can't believe I didn't think to make a hint!

No comments:

Post a Comment